Metrohm is pleased to introduce the Metrohm Instant Raman Analysers (Mira). The Mira spectrometers are the only handheld Raman analysers available with Orbital-Raster-Scan (ORS) technology. This highly reproducible averaging technique extends the scope of possible samples to any kind of heterogeneous and sensitive materials.
The MIRA comes after Metrohm and Snowy Range Instruments (SnRI) announce that the two companies have entered into a strategic alliance. Under the agreement, SnRI will develop and manufacture handheld Raman spectrometer exclusively for Metrohm.
The Mira analysers are handheld, high-performance spectrometers for rapid, non-destructive analysis of chemical and pharmaceutical samples, be they liquid or solid. Barely larger than a smartphone, the Mira analysers may be used anywhere: in the warehouse, in the process, in the field, and – of course – in the laboratory. The user benefits of Mira in a nutshell:
• Light, compact, and handy – single-handed operation
• Instantly ready to use in any place
• Fast and reliable real-time results – no sample preparation required
• Point-and-shoot identification – close-range measurements through packaging of different thicknesses (including plastic and amber glass)
• Orbital-Raster-Scan technology – reproducible measurements, even of temperature sensitive and heterogeneous samples
• Safe – the Basic Package can be used without any additional safety measures required(laser protection class 1)
• Maximum flexibility – comprehensive spectral libraries
• Robust and maintenance-free
• Wide Range of applications – from temperature sensitive samples to any kind fluorescent samples
• Automatic calibration in critical applications
More information about Metrohm’s strategic alliance with SnRI can be found at: www.metrohm.co.uk