Without wanting to get into the politics behind it, Leuze electronic are pointing out that the Health and Safety Executive’s (HSE) move towards charging for their work became significantly closer when they announced the planned introduction of a ‘fee for intervention’, cost recovery scheme from 1st 2012 di ottobre, soggetto all'approvazione parlamentare delle norme proposte per la salute e la sicurezza (tasse) 2012.
These Regulations which will place a duty upon the HSE to recover its costs for carrying out its regulatory functions when there is a material breach of health and safety law. A material breach is when the HSE inspector considers a contravention of health and safety law serious enough to require notification in writing to the duty holder. Initially this charge will be £124 per hour for a service which is currently free of charge.
Il sito web HSE dice che "La FFI incoraggerà inoltre le imprese e le organizzazioni a conformarsi in primo luogo o a risolvere rapidamente le questioni quando non lo fanno. Scoraggerà anche coloro che hanno indebolito i loro concorrenti non rispettando la legge e mettendo le persone a rischio ".
Vi sono ulteriori informazioni su questo schema sul sito web HSE all'indirizzo www.hse.gov.uk/fee-for-intervention/index.htm. This webpage links to an official guidance document, a useful leaflet on ‘What you need to know’ and a detailed guide to enforcement.
In an attempt to give manufacturing some good news however, Leuze are keen to highlight all the information and training Leuze electronic offer for free to help manage machine safety.
- Sito web dedicato di consulenza sulla sicurezza delle macchine a www.safety-at-work.leuze.de Compreso
- Gioco per computer
- Safety distance calculation wizards
- Safety device selection wizards
- guida legislazione
- Free of charge ½ day “Introduction to Machine Safety” workshops
- The two dates in July in St Neots are almost full and 18th Agosto a St Neots si sta riempiendo velocemente.
- More dates and venues across the country are published throughout the year on the training page of our website at
- Gratuito One Day “Introduzione al software SISTEMA Sicurezza macchine” workshop
- Successive date e luoghi in tutto il paese che sarà pubblicato a breve sulla pagina di formazione del nostro sito
- Free of charge lectures on Machine Safety workshops” for the regional networks of the IET
- Dates and venues published throughout the year on the IET page of our website
- Leuze electronic’s Machine Safety Inspection Services
- An “MOT” style inspection of your machine’s safety irrespective of which manufacturer’s safety devices are fitted.
- ‘Real world’ advice and cost effective recommendations for making machines comply with the latest legislation.
- Stop-Time measurement service – Also available as a separate service.
- View a virtual online page turning version of the brochure or request a PDF copy to be emailed to you
- 38 page guide to legislation in Europe and USA at the beginning of our Machine Safety catalogue
- Visualizzalo online dalle pagine 8 a 45 all'interno della pagina virtuale online, trasformando la versione del catalogo o richiedendo una copia PDF da inviare via email
- 12 page guide to Leuze electronic’s Machine Safety Services
- Visualizzarlo online come versione della pagina di svolta virtuale online del catalogo o richiedere una copia in formato PDF per essere inviato via email a voi.
- Numerous product catalogues and brochures, available to view online as virtual online page turning books
- Numerous application stories previously published in UK magazines.
And the according to Leuze’s Managing Director Mark Weymouth, their best resource is the knowledge of their sales team, supported by Kevin Ellison, their Machine Safety engineer. Therefore, Mark reiterated Leuze’s request that people contact them for good help and straight forward advice on Machine Safety.